As we pack our vehicles with an increasing amount of electrically powered equipment on our travels we have created a demand for a number of additional power supplies that a solitary dash mounted 12-volt socket is unable to fulfil. The MUD heavy-duty sockets will fit the standard Land Rover dashboard, your MUD Console, Pod, Tunnel Tray or anywhere inside of your vehicle.
Top quality Swedish made 12v sockets. Black plastic housing contains non-corrosive nickel plated brass internals making these sockets suitable for automotive or marine use. These sockets feature a vibration proof, virtually failsafe locking action able to cope with the harshest of off-road environments. Ideal for fridges, GPS or any other 12v plug-in equipment that you need to rely on to stay powered up.
Mud UK Round Heavy-Duty 12v Socket
- UV stabilised splash proof rubber plugs keeps out moisture, dust and dirt
- Standard sized 6.3mm spade terminals for quick and easy wiring
- Terminals are labelled for simple to follow wiring
- Rated at 16amps
- Will accept all standard sized 12v power plugs, eg: SatNav, Mobile, GPS etc.
The round style socket is secured using a screw-on locking ring on the back of the socket. This socket can be used anywhere in the vehicle. The dimensions of the socket make it suitable for fitting within the MUD Console or MUD Pod.
- Mounting hole diameter required: 30mm
- Socket external diameter: 37mm
- Depth - including terminals: 47mm
This socket uses a 30m diameter mounting hole. A standard cigar lighter style socket uses a 28mm diameter hole. If you upgrading to one of our Heavy Duty sockets you will need to enlarge the existing fixing hole by 2mm.
WE POST WORLDWIDE