Ashcroft Transmissions Rear Heavy LHD Duty Ring and Pinion 3.50 ratio with a tooth count of 28/8 for Rover axle
- Reverse Cut. Ashcroft Transmissions Heavy Duty Ring and Pinions are now offered in both the normal rear directional cut and reverse cut for the front so unlike the incorrect stock rover design you are now driving on the stronger drive side of the gear in the front axle.
- Materials. Ashcroft Transmissions Heavy Duty Ring and Pinions are now made from improved materials which is an improvement over the genuine spec.
- Tooth Count. All Ashcroft Transmissions Heavy Duty Ring and Pinions have a 8 tooth pinion, this is relatively low, ie the rover 3.54 has 13 teeth, you can achieve the same ratio with different tooth configurations, the stock 3.54 ratio is 46/13, our 3.5 ratio is 28/8, pretty much the same ratio but achieved with fewer, but wider teeth, the advantage being the wider teeth are able to absorb higher shock loading.
- Helix angle. This is the angle of the 'scroll' on the pinion teeth. Ashcroft Transmissions Heavy Duty Ring and Pinions have an increased helix angle so it looks more like a hypoid profile and gives more contact area to improve the strength further.
- Easy Fitting. To make the installation easier all pinions accept the later 24 spline drive flanges and have the female thread to accept the later type bolt (FS112301P) and washer (FTC5413) and all ring gear threads are the stock 3/8 UNF.
Product Brand: Ashcroft
Product Code: ASHHDRP35REAR